Conceptual Cherkashin Metropolitan Museum
Valera & Natasha Cherkashin
EN / RU
Personal Exhibitions Group Exhibitions
2014 - New York, Premonition. DEVE Gallery, Moscow.
2013 - Khrushchev and Mao: An Exhibit. Harriman Institute, Columbia University, New York.
- Alan Klotz Gallery. New York.
- Luxury Beneath the Surface. Poltrona Frau Showroom. Galerie Blue Square, Washington DC.
- FotoFest 2012 Biennial - Perestroika: Liberalization & Experimentation. Mirages of Soviet Empire. Personal Exhibition. Houston, USA.
2011 - Monuments. Kultproekt Gallery, Moscow.
- Moscow International Finance Week, Swiss Hotel Krasnye Holmy, Moscow.
- The End of the Epoch. Center of Photography behalf of the Luimer Brothers. Moscow.
2010 - Project Global Underground, Bernstein Gallery, Princeton University.
2009 - Barbarian-Art Gallery, Zurich (Catalog)
- Moscow - Bilbao. Transfer. Center for Contemporary art Winzavod. Together with Ima Montoya. Moscow (Catalog)
- Exhibition in the residence of Eric Rubin, Embassy of the USA, Moscow.
2008 - Valera's Jubilee exhibition. Union of Photo Artists. Moscow.
- New York. Premonition. Museum of Modern Art, Rostov on Don, Russia.
- Global Underground. Gallery Blue Square, Paris.
- Global Underground. Kennan Institute, Woodrow Wilson Center. Washington DC.
- For Kozlov Jazz Club. Moscow.
2007 - Metro New York--Moscow. Harriman Institute, Columbia University, New York, NY.
- Night with a Pioneer Leader. Museum of Modern Art, Rostov on Don, Russia. (Catalog)
- Vasiliev Theatre. Moscow.
2006 - Presentation of ZOOM Magazine, Maxilab, Moscow.
- Night with a Pioneer Leader, Glaz Gallery, Moscow House of Photography, Moscow.
- Chippolino. Frolov Gallery. Moscow.
- Labirint. Frolov Gallery. Moscow
- Portuguese Embassy. Moscow
- New York. Presentation of Mirax company. Moscow
- Presentation. Office of Kodak Company in Moscow.
2005 - Mirages of Empires. XV International Festival "Month of Photography in Bratislava", Slovakia.
- Futurism & Nostalgia. Great Neck Arts Center, New York, USA
- Gallery of Martha Schneider, Chicago, USA.
- New York Fashion. Fashion week. Crocus City. Moscow.
- New York Real and Unreal. Union of Photo Artists, Moscow.
- Perestoika: First came the Word. Harriman Institute, Columbia University, New York, USA
2004 - Sport in Arts. Aphrodites of Russia. Municipal art Center, Athens, Greece. (Stella Art Gallery).
2003 - Fountain of Friendship. Indian Cultural Center. Moscow.
- Moscow, 100 Anniversary. The Embassy of New Zeeland. Moscow.
- Moscow. The Embassy of Columbia. Moscow.
2002 - Moscow, Putin's Era. Columbia University, New York, USA.
- Favorite Portraits of People in the World. Fleet Bank, Empire State Building. New York. USA.
- From USSR to Russia. The Emil R. Weiss Center for The Arts. Dickinson College, PA, the USA.
- New York, September 11. The International University. Moscow.
- Supremacist Meditation. Intersection, Kara Kurum, Mongolia. (Catalog)
- Mirages of Empires. The State Russian Museum. St. Petersburg.
- Capital. International Banking Club. Moscow.
2001 - Empires. Details. Municipal Art Gallery Phoenix, Moscow.
- Cultural Workers of Europe on Bank notes. Delegation of the Commission of the European Communities, Moscow.
- Mirages of Empire. Russian American Cultural Center, New York.
2000 - From USSR to Russia. International Center of Photography, Shadai Gallery, Tokyo, Japan.
- Western Empires. Wakkanai University, Japan.
- "Empires": Russia Past and Present. Together with Bill Wright and Steve Yates. Irving Arts Center, Dallas, TX, USA.
- Permanent installation Goodbye Favorite European Portraits: hello Euro. World Bank Headquarters, Washington DC.
- Favorite Portraits. Fashion House. Moscow.
- Mirages of Empires. PhotoEspana 2000, Caja Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
- The Kremlin Catacombs. Dom. Moscow.
- Germany on High. Baltchug - Kempinski Hotel, Moscow.
- Between Nostalgia and Mirage. Russian State University for Humanities, Moscow.
- Flying High. Dom. Moscow.
- Complete Flying High. Dom. Moscow.
- Improvisation. International Center of Photography, Shadai Gallery, Tokyo, Japan.
- Exhibition at the apartment of the Cherkashins. Tokyo.
- Exhibition in the apartment of Dorothy Dwyer. New York.
- Good buy, Just in Case, Favorite Portraits of New Russian People. Moscow State University. Moscow
- Presentation. International House of Japan, Tokyo, Japan.
- Favorite portraits of European People. Delegation of the Commission of the European Communities, Moscow.
- The culture of European portraits on Bank notes. The Financial Ministry of Russian Federation.
- Libraries of the World. ACTR, Washington DC.
1998 - Empires: Russia Past & Present. Together with Steve Yates and Bill Wright. The Center for Contemporary Arts, Abilene, TX.
- Test - Improvisation. Favorite European Portraits. World Bank Headquarters Atrium Pool, Washington DC.
- Favorite Portraits of People in the World. The World Bank, Washington DC, USA.
- Goodbye Favorite Portraits of European People. Phoenix Cultural Center, Moscow.
- Russia/United States. Chen Cultural Center. Soho, New York.
-Mirages of Empire. Harriman Institute, Columbia University. New York. USA.
- Good buy, Just in Case, Favorite Portraits of New Russian People. American Cultural Center. Moscow.
- The End of the Epoch. Installation. The World Bank, Washington DC, USA.
- Russian Constructivist Ruts: Present concerns. Personal Installation, University of Maryland, USA
- Russia/America: Mirages of Empires. Chevy Chase Art Center, Washington DC, USA.
- The Last "Pravda". Moscow State University. Moscow.
- Favorite Portraits of People in the World. Citibank, Washington DC, USA.
- Mirages of Empires. Dickinson College, PA, USA.
- Moscow from 30s to 50s. Art department, Library of Foreign Literature, Moscow.
1997 - USSR Atlantis. Swimming pool. University of Maryland. USA.
- The End of the Epoch. Kunstverein Rosenheim. Germany. (Catalog).
- Moscow - Washington. Carnegie Moscow Center. Moscow.
- Russians and Americans - Brothers Forever. American cultural Center. Moscow.
- Cenzorship. Moscow State University. Moscow.
- Russian Art Happening. Dianne Beal Contemporary Art. Wshington DC.
- The Mystery Play of Berlin. The Goethe Institute. Moscow. (Catalog).
- Mirages of Empire. Wittenberg University. OH, USA.
1996 - Moscow, the End of the Epoch. The Ford Foundation. Moscow.
- Four Empires. Library of Foreign Literature. Moscow.
- Press and Art. The German Embassy in Moscow.
- Mirages of Empire. The Russian House Berlin.
- Memorial to Memorial. Russian Cultural Center, Budapest.
- Presentation for the opening of Angelicos Restaurant. Moscow.
1995 - Travel as Art. Under and Above. Municipal Art Center 'Rama Art". Moscow.
- Russians and Americans - Brothers Forever. Together with Steve Yates. Municipal A - 3 Gallery. Moscow (catalog).
- TV Family Channel. Moscow
1994 - Moscow's Red Square in Santa Fe. Museum of Fine Arts, Santa Fe, NM, USA. (Catalog).
- Exhibition in honor of Beverly Whitney Kean, in the House of Hilary & John Spurling. London.
- Silver Age. Central House of Writers. Moscow.
- The Chinese New Year. Club Mecenat. Moscow.
- Nostalgic Exhibition among the Cactuses. Sayon Garden. London.
1993 - Under Cover. IBM Office, Moscow.
- The Cherkashin Metropolitan Museum with Collection of Sotsrealism. Kremlin, Palace of Congresses.
- The day of Press, the day of Pravda. Ostankino TV Center. Moscow.
1992 - Presentation of The Cherkashin Metropolitan Museum. Moscow. A-3 Gallery (catalog).
- Excavations and Reconstruction of the Ancient World, Middle of the Twentieth Century. Personal exposition. Museum of Paleontology. Moscow.
- Love Art for the People. Tvorchestvo Gallery. Moscow.
- Supremacist Bedroom. Personal Installation. A-3 Municipal Gallery. Moscow.
- Cherkashin Metropolitan Museum Starts Spring in Russia. Central Concert Hall Russia. Moscow.
- Design for TV Show. Central TV Ostankino. Moscow
1991 - The End of the Epoch. 1990s. Library of Foreign Literature. Moscow.
- The Funeral of the Epoch. Moscow. On the grounds of the Tretiakov Gallery. April.
- Works From the Exhibition Halls of the Cultural Workers. The Hall of Sergei Soloviev. Film and Music Hall 'Rossia'. Moscow.
- Fruits and Flowers Installation. Moscow.
1987 - Project Institute. Moscow
1986 - Scientist's Club of USSR Academy of Science, Chernogolovka.
- Club of Moscow Teacher's Training University.
- Publishing House. Moscow.
1985 - The Maltese Embassy. Moscow.
1984 - Watercolors. Schusev Museum of Architecture. Moscow.
1983 - "Pravda" Publishing House. Smena Magazine. Moscow.
1982 - Lithographic Studio of the Moscow Union of Artists. Moscow.
- Exhibition at the apartment, Dom Rossia. Moscow
1978 - Aviation College Student Club. Together with Boris Mikhailov and Vladimir Klim. Kharkov, Ukraine.